Ramco Industries has fixed 15 September 2009 as the record date for the purpose of both the sub-division of the face value of each equity share of Rs 10 into 10 equity shares of Re 1 each and also for the issue of bonus shares in the ratio of 1:1.
· The stock hit a high of Rs 1256.50 so far during the day, which is a 52-week high for the counter. The stock hit a low of Rs 1249 so far during the day. The stock hit a 52- week low of Rs 326 on 13 March 2009.
· The small-cap stock had outperformed the market over the past one month till 3 September 2009, rising 14.98% as compared to the Sensex’s 3.30% fall. It had also outperformed the market in the past one quarter, gaining 45.94% as compared to the Sensex’s return of 3.55%.
· The company’s equity capital is Rs 4.33 crore. Face value per share is Rs 10.
· The board of directors of Ramco Industries fixed 15 September 2009 as the record date for a 10-for-1 stock split and a liberal 1:1 bonus issue. This is the second bonus from the company. Earlier, the company had issued a liberal 1:1 bonus on December 1994.
· Ramco Industries’ net profit rose 4.7% to Rs 15.60 crore on 21.4% rise in net sales to Rs 150.97 crore in Q1 June 2009 over Q1 June 2008.
· The company manufactures fiber cement sheets, pressure pipes and accessories and allied building materials and cotton yarn. The group operates in four segments namely building products, textile, windmill and other.
· Promoters have pledged more than 3.22 lakh shares representing 7.44% of the equity capital of the company (as on 30 June 2009). Total promoter shareholding in the company is 50.54% (as on 30 June 2009).